Children have an option of two meal types at Surfleet Primary School, these are;
Packed Lunch or Hot School Dinner.
We encourage children to bring in healthy packed lunches, which do not contain chocolate bars, sweets or fizzy drinks.
Hot School Dinners
Your child may choose to have hot school dinners at Surfleet Primary School, which are provided by Long Sutton Primary School.
Parents need to order meals online on their child’s ParentPay account before the deadline of 12pm on a Tuesday.
If you ever have problems ordering then please contact Mrs Smith in the school office.
Some products produced by our kitchen may contain traces of allergens such as nuts or milk. If your child suffers any specific dietary requirement please read the Allergen list that is updated with each change of menu.
Free School Meals
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190 (as at April 2012)
*unless in the Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
Universal Free School Meals
ParentPay will already have data from the school to know which children are eligible for Universal Free School Meals and hence whether you need to pay for the meals you choose. Meals chosen for children in KS2 will need your online payment, for KS1 children they just need your menu choice.